Monday, February 23, 2009

google for me!

I was pleasantly surprised when I explored the different applications on google for educations http://www.google.com/educators/tools.html. This page offers so many different possiblities in terms of using technology in the classroom.


I think it is great that some classrooms use blogging as part of an everyday school experience. That is one application that I would use in a classroom. It occured to me that if I teach my desired subject of Visual Art, then it would be a challenge to incorporate technology into everyday use in the classroom. Blogging would be an easy way to do this, as you can ask a student to blog about any subject area.


I do not completely understand the goole sketchup application, but i think it would be really interesting to use with higher level art students. I think that it is important for students to be able to connect art with other with other "subjects" in school. This application would allow students to be able to see the art value in architecture.


the application google sky looks incredibly interesting. This holds so many potential inspirations for art projects. There is such a visual component to this application and can be used in many ways in a lot of subject areas in all age levels.


the classroom activities application is amazing! It's like having a little handbook on how to use technology in a classrook. When I am in a classroom i will definetly use this!


No comments:

Post a Comment