Monday, February 2, 2009

TED


For my computer education class i was asked to watch a video on the Technology, Entertainment and Design website. The video was Sir Ken Robinson's talk on Creativity and Education (http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html). This video really struck me because he spoke of soooo many truths about the education system. I agree that education has way too little focus on the arts and is only focused on creating "university professor" type students. I think that it is extremely important that students use their body's for more than a transportation device for their heads! Students need to be exposed to the arts, not only exposed but know that the arts have as much potentional for a successful future as the rest of the "subjects" in school.
This video really reminded me why i want to be a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment