Sunday, March 15, 2009

ECMP

ECMP has definetly been one of my difficult classes to stay on top of. I know that I am a GIANT procrastinator, but this class has been really difficult for me to get into. For one when I am on the computer it is SOOO easy for me to get side tracked. To get any work down for other classes I have to shut myself up in a room with no distractions, and when i try to do work for this class its distractions galour!! I also find it interesting how in the online classes we are walked through these steps on how to do things, but it doesn't help me. I need someone to walk me through it AS I do it. I know I can always watch the online recording, but this class makes me CRAVE human contact. I know I am definetly a people person and rely on socializing to get my through a day, but this class has really opened my eyes to that trate in myself. I need to go to Robbie and say okay can you tell what the hay happened in class b/c it all went over my head. Maybe I am just dumb, but i really need someone to on a personal level to say okay this is how you do it. I woke up this morning feeling sick to my stomache thinking of how much i need to do to catch up in this class. I feel like i have been left behind in this class, mainly b/c of my own procrastiation and lack of computer skills, but also b/c this class is definetly not made for people like Dani Bauche. This class has definetly been a challenge for me just to stay on top of my work, especially with no due dates, that really screwed me over, i need something to create boundries for me or else i just get consumed in my own "authority" over it. Now I find myself stuggling to catch up. I don't know if there is anyone else out there that is having such problems, but i just thought i would share with the world how computer illerate Dani Bauche is, and although ECMP has been a huge challenge for me it has also been the most eye opening experience for me this semester. Thats what this is about right? Learning? Well I learned more things about myself then computers.

Okay now I have to go get my butt in gear. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

  1. Dani! You're not dumb! I think we have all felt like this sometime during this semester (I know I have). It just takes some butt kicking and anti-procrastinating. I'm sure once you buckle down and get goin' you'll be fine. Okay?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani i am also far behind in this class but i feel that a good day or 2 of work will get me back on track now just to find a day or 2 to do that in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani,
    I do know how you are feeling because I got into situations like this in university all the time. I was a procrastinator as well. It feels like there is no way out. Please believe me that you CAN and WILL do it. It will be hard work, but when you are finished, you will be glad that you put in the work because of all that you have learned. Ask people who know how to do what you need to do for help. Most people will give it gladly. You can even ask me if you want.
    I do a lot of things involving technology with my students, but technology does not come easily to me. My family laughs when people think I am technologically inclined. I am not, but I do work hard to make things work with technology because I think it is important.
    About the procrastination thing, I'm guessing that this will improve with time. It certainly did for me, as I realized how much less stress I had in my life when I did things ahead of time.
    Good luck with the rest of your semester, and do persevere in this class. My guess is that you will find it was one of the most useful classes you had at university.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your honesty. I think there some important underlying issues here.
    1. Perceptions on online classes. While some find the online component very social, others see it as less social.
    2.How do we get support? Is this largely because of technical issues? How do you get help in other course?
    3. How do we balance the guided, structure nature of our current schools with the potential need and desire to create life long, independent learners?

    I'm not suggesting I have the answers to these questions but I think you do raise them here.

    Thanks for sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dani, I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. I agree that the workload in this class is larger than my other classes, but I can still usually find the support I need. Plus, don't be afraid to post questions on other people's blogs. Dionne just posted a question on mine a week or so ago, and I know I've asked questions on other people's blogs. Hopefully the rest of the semester is better for you!

    http://metro-racer.blogspot.com/2009/03/daily-picture-100309.html#comments

    -Robin

    ReplyDelete